- Be realistic when compiling your catering budget. This is often the only part of the wedding that guests remember, so impress them! Having said that remember that there is life after the wedding do so don’t “live beyond your means”!
- If working on a “shoestring” budget be honest with your Caterer and see what they can do for you. Remember what you pay for your wedding is between you and the Caterer.
- No doubt the biggest slice of your wedding budget will be allocated to the Catering Budget so careful consideration needs to be taken when choosing your Caterer and remember when making your choice that you have made the right choice by comparing “apples with apples”.
- Check whether your quoted price includes or excludes Vat.
- Make sure the Caterer is paid in full the day prior to the wedding. The Caterer cannot “hold anything back” if payment is not forthcoming after the wedding!
The food you serve will no doubt be one of the most important and expensive items on your event budget. Great food contributes significantly to the overall experience of this important celebration, so we recommend you spend time and effort ensuring it is remarkable while working within your budget.
For example, a popular trend is to do away with the traditional starter and just have canapés on arrival. A Charcuterie Table or Farmer’s Table groaning with pates, cheeses, continental meats, breads, pickles, fruit and berries as well as bowls of biltong and dry wors makes for an impressive start to the wedding feast!
A Gourmet Burger Buffet makes for a different kind of ‘main’! For vegetarian or carnivores, there is so much choice with many fillings and toppings with which each guest can build a bespoke burger with all their favourites and then complement it with potato wedges and an array of salads and sauces. Not your style? Then perhaps an array of casseroles and curries with roasted vegetables and crusty breads piques your interest?
A huge cost saver is to serve your wedding cake as dessert with ice cream smothered in butterscotch sauce Your cake now becomes an integral part of the meal.
So many ways to save and so many choices! When you work with a great caterer they will take into account your preferences and your budget and will guide you in making the right decisions!